It’s been eleven days since my last Progress Bar post, and in that time we’ve only moved the bar by 3%. We did, however, clear the 33% mark, so I’m cheering at the milestone.
The really important progress isn’t visible in the percentages. Today I finished the last of the core game-play elements, which means Alan now has everything he needs to stat out the various ship, vehicle, armor, weapon, and character options.
Of course, when I say “core” what I mean is these things have names and attributes. They do not yet have any story, and the nature of this game demands that story elements be there. In the chart above, this is reflected in the word counts. The document with 2,559 words in it is “core complete,” but requires another 7,500 words of prose to be “draft complete.”
And from there it requires at least three editing passes to be ready for print, but that’s going to be a completely different progress bar.